Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register

+  The Horror Drive-In
|-+  Horror Drive-In
| |-+  Drive In Theater By Night (Moderator: among736)
| | |-+  Changing Horror's Stigma
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Changing Horror's Stigma  (Read 457 times)
Pharaoh
Dead By Dawn

Stands by his love for Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN

View Profile Email
« on: April 26, 2012, 09:37:27 PM »

Creature House Publications is a NON-PROFIT horror publisher devoted to changing the horror stigma and giving back to the community. Profits from our books will be donated to a variety of resources; from foundations to schools, every cent we make is for the betterment of society. Thank you for supporting us!

-Vicente Garcia
 Editor/Founder

Together, we, as a genre, can help make the world a better place. Too often we are misplaced in society; this is our chance to support both our genre and to change the stigma! I'll be teaming up with several authors this year (including some genre favorites), pushing boundaries and creating low-cost eBooks that everyone can enjoy. ONE HUNDRED percent of profits are donated, and I'd appreciate everyone that can to check my digital press out! Good friend and author Mark Allan Gunnells is the inaugural featured writer...and there is much more to come!

What do you guys think of a non-profit press?

Anyone that gives feedback (or throughts, ideas, reflections, etc...) will be messaged a coupon code to get IMMURE GHOSTS, our first official release, for only A BUCK. Check it out! (And if you still can't afford a buck a free story from the collection, "The Price of Survival", is available for FREE!)

https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/vicentegarcia

-Vicente
MarkSieber
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 03:17:02 AM »

Wonderful idea, Vicente! Think you'll ever do real books for us tree-killin', job savin', old skool readers?
markgunnells
Dead By Dawn

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 07:33:46 AM »

I was thrilled brownie asked me to participate in this project.  It is all for a good cause (or causes} and I hope people enjoy the tales.
JDAR
Dead By Dawn

Jan a/k/a "dancing with 2leftfeet"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 04:12:12 AM »

Like Mark, I'm a non-eBook kind of guy, but I wish you success on your new venture. 

The non-profit approach is interesting.  Since most of the papers filed with the IRS to obtain and maintain your Charitable Organization status is open to public inspection, are these papers posted online for us to see?

Jan   Undecided

Not enough books - just too little time.
Pharaoh
Dead By Dawn

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 12:13:39 PM »

The non-profit approach is interesting.  Since most of the papers filed with the IRS to obtain and maintain your Charitable Organization status is open to public inspection, are these papers posted online for us to see?

Jan   Undecided

Not yet, but they will be! Our official website has not been finished yet. There will be a page regarding the charitable status of the company to see, along with pictures from the various schools, museums, and foundations we help.
among736
Dead By Dawn

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 12:45:36 PM »

I'm just getting my e-book legs under me, so I'll definitely participate in this.  I look forward to seeing how it goes for you, brownie.  Best of luck!!

Andy
markgunnells
Dead By Dawn

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 04:44:25 PM »

And this kid is in high school.  HIGH SCHOOL!  I wasn't doing anything in high school but scratching my butt and writing really bad melodramatic poetry.
emont
Horror Fan/Horror Student
Dead By Dawn

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 06:06:59 PM »

Vicente asked me to participate too. I'm really excited for the project.

Going to WHC 2012 only confirms the fact that horror fans in general are not the monsters that they read about. So many nice people. The same can be said of many horror writers that I haven't met. The fact is, the rest of the world sees us as a bunch of weirdos (which we may be to some extent), but so many of us are nice weirdos that care.
Pharaoh
Dead By Dawn

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 09:15:09 PM »

Wonderful idea, Vicente! Think you'll ever do real books for us tree-killin', job savin', old skool readers?

Hopefully one day...right now I just can't afford to jump-start that segment of the business! I make no profit--but I'm working on acquiring a grant for some small print runs!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length