Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register

+  The Horror Drive-In
|-+  Horror Drive-In
| |-+  Drive In Theater By Night (Moderators: among736, RonClinton)
| | |-+  The All-New Reading, Watching, and Listening Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 244 Print
Author Topic: The All-New Reading, Watching, and Listening Thread  (Read 214330 times)
pinheadspawn
First Feature Viewer

View Profile Email
« Reply #3555 on: April 13, 2017, 12:10:32 AM »

Rick McCammon is currently working on Cardinal Black, the next (7th) novel in the Matthew Corbett series! Smiley Smiley

Hunter

[/quote

I can't wait til The Listener!!

Jason
njhorror
Love Bomb
Dead By Dawn

Dark Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: April 13, 2017, 09:14:20 AM »

Rick McCammon is currently working on Cardinal Black, the next (7th) novel in the Matthew Corbett series! Smiley Smiley

Hunter

I have a nice typewritten ( on an actual typewriter! ), hand-signed letter from McCammon that he wrote to me in response to a fan missive that I wrote to him after reading BLUE WORLD back in 1990.

BLUE WORLD has always been one of my favorite collections.

Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses?
jimallcorn
Triple Feature

View Profile Email
« Reply #3557 on: April 13, 2017, 09:57:50 PM »

I loved it too. Especially the short novel from which the collection gets its name. Which, I suppose is fairly obvious considering that I wrote to him about it as soon as I was done reading it. LOL.
goathunter
Four Movie Freak

View Profile Email
« Reply #3558 on: April 14, 2017, 04:38:32 AM »

I loved it too. Especially the short novel from which the collection gets its name. Which, I suppose is fairly obvious considering that I wrote to him about it as soon as I was done reading it. LOL.

Smiley I loved the novella "Blue World," too. I think it's a very underrated story. When I first interviewed him in 1989, he told me, "Yeah, I wrote it in about a week. That's the fastest I've ever done anything and it's like 140 pages. I was very excited about it and it just went..."

"Night Calls the Green Falcon" is my favorite short story by any author. Sheer perfection, IMO.

Hunter
markgunnells
Dead By Dawn

View Profile Email
« Reply #3559 on: April 14, 2017, 05:30:58 AM »

Green Falcon is also one of my all time favorite short stories.
RonClinton
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: April 14, 2017, 07:18:16 AM »

That is a great one.

BLUE WORLD, along with BY BIZARRE HANDS (Lansdale) and NIGHT SHIFT (King), is one of my Top Three collections of all time.
markgunnells
Dead By Dawn

View Profile Email
« Reply #3561 on: April 14, 2017, 07:40:17 AM »

I agree with Ron, one of the top collections I've read.
RonClinton
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: April 15, 2017, 12:44:41 PM »

It is VERY good.  I still think that is easily one of the strongest, maybe the best of the Matt Corbett series

Jason

I strongly disagree, Speaks The Nightbird is a great book, but it is not the best of the series.

Well, I'm either then beginning a fantastic read, or one that is still great with even better to come.  Either way, sounds good to me!  Smiley

Finally found some time to make some headway in the book...a couple hundred pages in and loving so far.  I can see why the Corbett series has garnered so much affection and acclaim.
dannyboy121070
Dead By Dawn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3563 on: April 17, 2017, 07:18:09 AM »

Reading: Stuck near the end of CLIVE BARKER'S NEXT TESTAMENT....is it the fiction slump striking again, or is the book just trading water? I picked up Pat Patterson's ACCEPTED, the story of his career as an openly gay professional wrestler, and I can't turn the pages quick enough. Great read. On the comic-book front, I'm closing in on the end of ESSENTIAL IRON FIST, VOL. 1, which is a lot of fun. Review forthcoming.

Watching: Took a few great naps during THE SMURFS: THE LOST VILLAGE (My wife LOVES The Smurfs...). Not terrible, just not my thing. I had a nice surprise the other night, when I found a new Jackie Chan film on HBO On Demand: The Dragon Blade. No dragons, no dragon blade, just a surprisingly touching historical action film which finds Chan teaming up with a lost Roman legion (Led by John Cusack!) on The Silk Road. Adrian Brody makes a fun scenery-chewing bad guy, the action is great, and there were a few unexpected plot twists along the way. I enjoyed this way more than I expected.

Listening to: Rover's Morning Glory while working my hated job.....

John R Little
Dead By Dawn

View Profile Email
« Reply #3564 on: April 17, 2017, 03:13:07 PM »

Reading Jonathan Maberry's MARS ONE, a YA science fiction novel.  About 1/3 through and loving it. 
pinheadspawn
First Feature Viewer

View Profile Email
« Reply #3565 on: April 18, 2017, 03:22:34 PM »

Oh cool!  I just got it!  Can't wait to dig into that one!

Jason
John R Little
Dead By Dawn

View Profile Email
« Reply #3566 on: April 18, 2017, 04:39:28 PM »

MARS ONE reminds me a LOT of a Heinlein juvenile. 
pinheadspawn
First Feature Viewer

View Profile Email
« Reply #3567 on: April 19, 2017, 05:34:10 AM »

it's funny that you mention that, because I'm reading one of those right now, Starman Jones. haha.  I've read a few of them, but my favorite so far is Tunnel in the Sky

Jason
Fanatic
Triple Feature

View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: April 19, 2017, 12:18:44 PM »

it's funny that you mention that, because I'm reading one of those right now, Starman Jones. haha.  I've read a few of them, but my favorite so far is Tunnel in the Sky

Jason

I'm with you I loved "Tunnel in the sky"
MarkSieber
Administrator
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: April 19, 2017, 01:47:10 PM »

Starman Jones is a big favorite of mine. I just recently finished reading it aloud to Clara.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 244 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length