Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register

+  The Horror Drive-In
|-+  Horror Drive-In
| |-+  Drive In Theater By Night (Moderators: among736, RonClinton)
| | |-+  The All-New Reading, Watching, and Listening Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 Print
Author Topic: The All-New Reading, Watching, and Listening Thread  (Read 232449 times)
among736
Dead By Dawn

View Profile Email
« Reply #3735 on: July 07, 2017, 12:33:34 PM »

Reading: Finished Quicksilver (Nameless #11) by Pronzini, and jumped right into Nightshades (Nameless #12).

Listening: The Cut by George Pelecanos

Watching: About to start S2 of the UK series, Versailles.

Andy
Kyle L.
Cthulhus Lover
Dead By Dawn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3736 on: July 07, 2017, 12:48:08 PM »

Gah, totally forgot my other stuff.

Listening to: brand new Decapitated album that came out today

Watching: Broadchurch (new season); Blood Drive (great grindhouse fun); Cutthroat Kitchen (new episodes)

https://kylelybeck.wordpress.com
Nightmare Reality and Perverse Humanity both out now on Amazon!  http://amzn.to/2pW0TML
pinheadspawn
Second Feature Veteran

View Profile Email
« Reply #3737 on: July 07, 2017, 01:19:04 PM »

I heard that the Decapitated album is amazing.  I heard the two singles, and like both.  Less technical than what they're known for, but more groove I think

Jason
MarkSieber
Administrator
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: July 07, 2017, 02:13:14 PM »

Reading: Big Wednesday novelization

Watching: Tonight we watch A Bucket of Blood at the Old Dominion University Planetarium

Listening: The Cramps, Smell of Female
sidpcobain
Dead By Dawn

Mya kittie

View Profile Email
« Reply #3739 on: July 07, 2017, 05:24:20 PM »

You've got GOOD taste.  Wink

I reject your reality, a substitute my own.
MarkSieber
Administrator
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: July 07, 2017, 05:47:43 PM »

I just scored a copy of the Smell LP.  Shocked
Kyle L.
Cthulhus Lover
Dead By Dawn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3741 on: July 07, 2017, 06:22:50 PM »

I heard that the Decapitated album is amazing.  I heard the two singles, and like both.  Less technical than what they're known for, but more groove I think

Jason

It is brutally awesome, I love it.  First album I've gotten from them, but I've listened to them in the past and seen them in concert a while back with Suffocation, Hypocrisy, and Fear Factory.

https://kylelybeck.wordpress.com
Nightmare Reality and Perverse Humanity both out now on Amazon!  http://amzn.to/2pW0TML
pinheadspawn
Second Feature Veteran

View Profile Email
« Reply #3742 on: July 07, 2017, 07:46:11 PM »

Oh nice lineup!  I love Fear Factory.  My band opened for them once.

I saw Decapitated with The Faceless, Veil of Maya, and All Shall Perish.  Brutal stuff

Jason
The Doctor
Triple Feature

View Profile Email
« Reply #3743 on: July 09, 2017, 02:48:02 PM »

Goddamn, you guys have seen some good bands. Out of those I'm a big fan of FF, Hypocrisy, and Decapitated (and yeah, new Decapitated certainly sounds more groove that technical death they're known for, but still sounds awesome).

Watched lately:
A Cure for Wellness (would have been improved by tightening it up by at least 15 minutes, but still kinda liked it)
Don't Breathe
Annabelle
A Conspiracy of Faith (excellent third Department Q installment, as recommended by Tyree)

Reading:
Not a lot. Kids are home (holiday in this part of the world), so interruptions are at a maximum. Might try something undemanding. Perhaps I'll delve into a giant generic fantasy tome.

I recommend... amputation!
pinheadspawn
Second Feature Veteran

View Profile Email
« Reply #3744 on: July 10, 2017, 01:21:11 PM »

I've also heard that Dying Fetus's new album is good.  I really liked their last one

I'm just getting back home from the Megadeth/Meshuggah show.  Really good show that had a few extra treats for me:

1:  Meshuggah's lead guitarist was unable to do the tour, so Per Nillson (Scar Symmetry, AKA my FAVORITE guitar player) filled in for him.

2:  Eric Moore (aka, one of earth's greatest gospel drummers) was the drummer (surprisingly) for the opening band, Lillake.

great show

Jason
Sigrud
Triple Feature

View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: July 10, 2017, 03:52:54 PM »

Just finished reading Those Across the River by Christopher Buehlman. Another very good book by him.

Now reading Cold Moon Over Babylon by Michael McDowell 
RonClinton
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: July 10, 2017, 06:57:21 PM »

R:  Was on vacation for a couple weeks, and read McCammon's QUEEN OF BEDLAM (which I liked better than SPEAKS A NIGHTBIRD)...will definitely continue w/ this series.  Also read THIN AIR by Michelle Paver...didn't hold a candle to her wonderfully chilling DARK MATTER...truly disappointing.
sidpcobain
Dead By Dawn

Mya kittie

View Profile Email
« Reply #3747 on: July 12, 2017, 05:52:10 PM »

Just finished Meg Gardiner's Unsub. Read it in one sitting. Obviously I loved it.

I reject your reality, a substitute my own.
among736
Dead By Dawn

View Profile Email
« Reply #3748 on: July 13, 2017, 08:48:55 AM »

Just finished Meg Gardiner's Unsub. Read it in one sitting. Obviously I loved it.

Hadn't heard of it before now, but I put it on my list.  Thank you, sir!

Reading: Finished Nightshades (Nameless #13) by Pronzini, which was one of my favorites to this point, and jumped right in to Double by Pronzini and Muller (Nameless #14).

Listening: Gave up on The Cut by Pelecanos.  Tomorrow I'll start The Loney by Andrew Michael Hurley.

Watching: Halfway through S2 of Versailles.  Fantastic so far.

Andy
pinheadspawn
Second Feature Veteran

View Profile Email
« Reply #3749 on: July 13, 2017, 09:13:25 AM »

R:  Was on vacation for a couple weeks, and read McCammon's QUEEN OF BEDLAM (which I liked better than SPEAKS A NIGHTBIRD)...will definitely continue w/ this series.  Also read THIN AIR by Michelle Paver...didn't hold a candle to her wonderfully chilling DARK MATTER...truly disappointing.

I really like McCammon's Corbett series.  But with that being said, I thought the newest one, Freedom of the Mask, was my least favorite

Jason
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length