Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register

+  The Horror Drive-In
|-+  Horror Drive-In
| |-+  Drive In Theater By Night (Moderators: among736, RonClinton)
| | |-+  Scares That Care 2017
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Print
Author Topic: Scares That Care 2017  (Read 5586 times)
BrianKeene1
Triple Feature

View Profile Email
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2017, 04:47:47 AM »

FINAL LINE-UP:

Joe R. Lansdale
John Skipp
Chet Williamson
Paul Tremblay
Edward Lee
Bryan Smith
Wrath James White
Damien Angelica Walters
Jonathan Janz
Ronald Malfi
Tom Monteleone
John Maclay
Armand Rosamilia
Rachel Autumn Deering

Please note: That's just in the celeb room. There are about two dozen additional authors (Mary SanGiovanni, John Boden, Kelli Owen, Matt Hayward, etc) who will be in the vendor room.
pinheadspawn
First Feature Viewer

View Profile Email
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2017, 12:50:06 PM »

Is there a way to get a list of the vendor room authors?

Jason Cavallaro
BrianKeene1
Triple Feature

View Profile Email
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2017, 03:45:49 AM »

Is there a way to get a list of the vendor room authors?

Jason Cavallaro

I believe they'll put it on the website when finalized
pinheadspawn
First Feature Viewer

View Profile Email
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2017, 04:27:31 AM »

Right on.

Thanks Brian
wolfnoma
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2017, 04:18:07 PM »

Awesome line up!
BrianKeene1
Triple Feature

View Profile Email
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2017, 06:55:14 AM »

Here is Friday's Programming Schedule for the author track (movie, F/X, and other programming tracks are not being put together by those department heads):

FRIDAY

5:45pm to 6:15pm: Wesley Southard and Kyle Lybeck: Reading and Q&A

6:30pm to 7:30pm – Writing and Relationships: A Discussion on Finding Balance with Jonathan Janz, Armand Rosamilia (moderator), Amber Fallon, Stuart West, Jay Wilburn, Ralph Bieber, and Chris Philbrook

7:45pm to 8:30pm - Kristopher Rufty and Adam Cesare: Reading and Q&A

8:45pm to 9:30pm – Tom Monteleone and Robert Ford: Reading and Q&A

9:45pm to 10:45pm – Silent Screams: A Discussion on Quiet Horror with Paul Tremblay, Mary SanGiovanni, Ronald Malfi, Damien Angelica Walters, John Maclay, and Matt Serafini (moderator)

11:00pm to Midnight: The Witching Hour with Kelli Owen, John Boden, and Jacob Haddon: Reading and Q&A
Kyle L.
Cthulhus Lover
Dead By Dawn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2017, 07:01:54 AM »

Honored to help start the weekend off with a bang.  It's going to be a fun time.   Cheesy

https://kylelybeck.wordpress.com
Nightmare Reality and Perverse Humanity both out now on Amazon!  http://amzn.to/2pW0TML
BrianKeene1
Triple Feature

View Profile Email
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2017, 09:19:32 AM »

Here is Sunday's Programming Schedule for the author track. (Still working on Saturday). Ya know how people say conventions never have good stuff on Sunday, and so they leave early? Hold my beer...

SUNDAY

11:15am to 11:45am – Stephen Kozeniewski and Ralph Bieber 

Noon to 12:45pm – Jonathan Janz and Mary SanGiovanni

1:00pm to 1:45pm – Edward Lee and Bryan Smith: Q&A (Moderated by Chuck Buda)

2:00pm to 3:00pm – Scream For Me: A Discussion on Music and Horror, Including A Live Jam Session with John Skipp, Ronald Malfi, Rachel Autumn Deering, and Matt Hayward

Cool
Jonathan Janz
CHILDREN OF THE DARK
Dead By Dawn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2017, 09:44:37 AM »

I'm a little biased, but I think the programming schedule this year is the best one ever, and that's saying a lot, given what we've already seen at STC. Folks are going to get their money's worth-times-ten.

BrianKeene1
Triple Feature

View Profile Email
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2017, 10:02:11 AM »

I'm a little biased, but I think the programming schedule this year is the best one ever, and that's saying a lot, given what we've already seen at STC. Folks are going to get their money's worth-times-ten.

Wait until you see Saturday's schedule! Jam-packed from 10am until midnight!
Jonathan Janz
CHILDREN OF THE DARK
Dead By Dawn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2017, 10:17:33 AM »

Wait until you see Saturday's schedule! Jam-packed from 10am until midnight!

I can't wait!

Authorfan
Second Feature Veteran

View Profile Email
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2017, 11:48:33 AM »

How I envy you guys.  Can't make it.  Work interferes. Hope next year's'll be the one.  Have fun.

Martin
RonClinton
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2017, 07:23:24 PM »

As usual, I'll be there in spirit only.  Hope everyone has a great time, and lots of $$$ is raised.
BrianKeene1
Triple Feature

View Profile Email
« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2017, 11:08:44 AM »

Here is the complete and final schedule. You will note that, unlike previous years, I am not participating in programming. I feel that as my role with the charity has expanded, it would be unfair to others if I were to continue to do so. However, if you are attending the con and bring books or comics with you, I will be happy to sign them for you, in passing.

2017 AUTHOR PROGRAMMING SCHEDULE

FRIDAY

5:45pm to 6:15pm: Wesley Southard and Kyle Lybeck: Reading and Q&A

6:30pm to 7:30pm – Writing and Relationships: A Discussion on Finding Balance with Jonathan Janz, Armand Rosamilia (moderator), Amber Fallon, Stuart West, Jay Wilburn, Ralph Bieber, and Chris Philbrook

7:45pm to 8:30pm – Kristopher Rufty and Adam Cesare: Reading and Q&A

8:45pm to 9:30pm – Tom Monteleone and Robert Ford: Reading and Q&A

9:45pm to 10:45pm – Silent Screams: A Discussion on Quiet Horror with Paul Tremblay, Mary SanGiovanni, Ronald Malfi, Damien Angelica Walters, John Maclay, and Matt Serafini (moderator)

11:00pm to Midnight: The Witching Hour with Kelli Owen, John Boden, and Jacob Haddon: Reading and Q&A

SATURDAY

10:00am to 11:00am – Roots: A Discussion on Author’s Influences with Matt Hayward, Russell James, David Bernstein, Patrick Lacey, Michael M. Hughes and Tim Meyer (moderator)

11:15am to 11:45pm – T.J. O’Conner: Dying Is Overrated. Murder Is Not: Presentation and Q&A

Noon to 12:45pm: Joe R. Lansdale and Chet Williamson: Reading and Q&A

12:30pm to 4:30pm – Writer’s Workshop: Ticketed Classroom Event with Tom Monteleone and John Maclay

1:00pm to 1:45pm – Tim McWhorter and Brent Abell: Reading and Q&A

2:00pm to 3:00pm – The Ties That Bind: A Discussion on Splatterpunk, Extreme Horror, and Bizarro with John Skipp (moderator), Edward Lee, Wrath James White, Bryan Smith, C.V. Hunt, Eric Hendrixson, and Scott Cole.

3:15pm to 3:45pm – Barbarian Tea Time with Steven L. Shrewsbury: Reading and Q&A

4:00pm to 4:45pm – Jay Wilburn and Clay Astroman: Reading and Q&A

5:00pm to 5:45pm –  Paul Tremblay and Damien Angelica Walters: Reading and Q&A

6:00pm to 7:00pm – So You Want to Start A Publishing Company: A Discussion with Apokrupha’s Jacob Haddon (moderator), Olivia Monteleone of Borderlands Press, Bailey Hunter of Dark Recesses Press, Eric Beebe of Post Mortem Press, and Christina Smith of Optimus Maximus Publishing

7:15pm to 8:15pm – Devil Dog Press Meet & Greet: Come meet the authors of Devil Dog Press and learn more about their books.

8:30pm to 9:30pm – HWA Virginia Meet & Greet: Come meet the members of the Virginia Chapter of the Horror Writer’s Association and learn more about their organization.

9:45pm to 10:45pm – This Is How We Do It: A Discussion on Self-Publishing with Rachel Autumn Deering, Stephen Kozeniewski (moderator), William Bozarth, E.L. Jefferson, Phil Budahn, Amber Fallon, and David A. Simpson.

11:00pm to Midnight – After Dark with Wrath James White, Christian Jensen, and David Barbee: Adults Only Reading and Q&A

SUNDAY

11:15am to 11:45am – Stephen Kozeniewski and Ralph Bieber: Reading and Q&A

Noon to 12:45pm – Jonathan Janz and Mary SanGiovanni: Reading and Q&A

1:00pm to 1:45pm – Edward Lee and Bryan Smith: Q&A (Moderated by Chuck Buda)

2:00pm to Close – Scream For Me: A Discussion on Music and Horror, Including A Live Jam Session with John Skipp, Ronald Malfi, Rachel Autumn Deering, and Matt Hayward

Kyle L.
Cthulhus Lover
Dead By Dawn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2017, 06:44:39 AM »

Going to be amazing.  I know this year I'll miss out on quite a bit of readings being at my table, but I'll be catching some once the vendor room closes, especially Friday night, good grief that's a helluva lineup.

https://kylelybeck.wordpress.com
Nightmare Reality and Perverse Humanity both out now on Amazon!  http://amzn.to/2pW0TML
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length