Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register

+  The Horror Drive-In
|-+  Horror Drive-In
| |-+  Drive In Theater By Night (Moderators: among736, RonClinton)
| | |-+  Scares That Care 2017
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Scares That Care 2017  (Read 9171 times)
MarkSieber
Administrator
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2017, 12:54:44 PM »

I quit my job first thing this morning, and I have another one by early afternoon. Sometimes the good guys do win.
Argendeli
Dead By Dawn

View Profile Email
« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2017, 02:07:49 PM »

Congrats, who is the lucky employer?

Jim
Kyle L.
Cthulhus Lover
Dead By Dawn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2017, 03:45:02 PM »

I quit my job first thing this morning, and I have another one by early afternoon. Sometimes the good guys do win.

Fantastic!  Best news I have heard all day.   Grin

https://kylelybeck.wordpress.com
Nightmare Reality and Perverse Humanity both out now on Amazon!  http://amzn.to/2pW0TML
MarkSieber
Administrator
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2017, 04:28:42 PM »

It's a newish company but they seem to really have their act together. They have solid business contracts and plenty of work. They're offering me a pretty decent package. Not quite what I was making before, but there's room for growth. The benefits aren't bad. All in all, I can't complain a bit.
RonClinton
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2017, 08:20:57 AM »

Mark, surprised you gave up cushy Wink government work for "a newish company," but I'm sure there must've been reasons, so best of success in your new gig (and congrats on being in such demand!).
MarkSieber
Administrator
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2017, 04:05:30 PM »

I literally couldn't put up with the asshole I had to work with another hour. Oh, I fixed his goose on the way out, too. I had a nice talk with the Project Manager and I laid it all out. They offered to help, but my mind was made up. The whole place was talking about it by the time I was leaving, and pretty much everyone was on my side and applauding that I took a stand.

I've never in my life had to put up with so much abuse, belittlement, and hostility in the workplace.

Now I can sleep another hour and a half in the mornings, I'll have more, much more, time since the commute is so much less, and there is room for growth at this place. I'll be training some new guys as part of my stated duties. I have a very good feeling about it.
RonClinton
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2017, 05:52:39 PM »

That really does sound like an outstanding change, Mark, one that'll bring much more personal and professional satisfaction -- congrats again!
MarkSieber
Administrator
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2017, 03:50:20 AM »

Thanks. The first day is always nerve wracking, but I feel good about it.

My God, the commute alone. Many days I spent four hours on the road. There's construction everywhere, for one thing, then there is a bridge tunnel that is almost always backed up. Then dealing with that insane individual. He considered himself to be the victim and that everyone was plotting against him. He would say that he *knew* that everyone was talking about him. They weren't, but guess what? They are now.
MarkSieber
Administrator
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 17, 2017, 10:32:20 AM »

OK, so we never got around to having tea while at the con. Now Clara and I have made it easy. It will be simple to have tea in our room, or anyone's room. We can bring it to the alcohol-free party, if that does indeed happen. Kyle, I know you'll bring some tea, and we will bring a nice selection of both herbal and caffeinated varieties. So there will be something, hopefully, for everyone who cares to indulge in a tea ceremony with us.

BrianKeene1
Four Movie Freak

View Profile Email
« Reply #159 on: June 17, 2017, 01:50:31 PM »

We can bring it to the alcohol-free party, if that does indeed happen.

It is my sincere hope to do this. Just keep in mind, I got promoted this year. I addition to the Author Room and related programming, I've also got the Celebrity Room (and related programming) and the podcast room (and related programming). I will have some volunteers and staff to assist, but it's a lot more work and -- especially that Celeb Room -- a lot more responsibility. So... I hope to host such a party, but it will be dependent upon what's going on at that moment. I know you guys would like to have it, as would Mary (she hasn't drank in almost 8 years).
Kyle L.
Cthulhus Lover
Dead By Dawn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #160 on: June 17, 2017, 06:03:51 PM »

Awesome!!  Yep, I am going to the market in a few weeks for my tea run of loose leaf stuff.   Grin

https://kylelybeck.wordpress.com
Nightmare Reality and Perverse Humanity both out now on Amazon!  http://amzn.to/2pW0TML
MarkSieber
Administrator
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 18, 2017, 03:25:24 AM »

No problem Brian, and it might not even be a good idea to attempt to segregate the imbibers from the abstainers.

As for yours truly, I'm almost at eight months without a drink. A personal record for me.
pinheadspawn
Triple Feature

View Profile Email
« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2017, 05:48:12 PM »

Man, we really need to do this.  I will bring dessert!  I have a few different ideas.  Little known fact is that I'm a master cheesecake baker...I'm like a death metal Martha Stewart

Jason
MarkSieber
Administrator
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 21, 2017, 02:09:21 PM »

Jason, I am not a big dessert person, but my bet would be that a lot of people will happily take you up on a cheesecake offer.
pinheadspawn
Triple Feature

View Profile Email
« Reply #164 on: June 22, 2017, 03:30:00 PM »

Only problem with the cheesecake is transport and keeping it cool, especially since I will be driving from Louisiana.  It's a shame too b/c I make around 15 different varieties, all from scratch.  I have other ideas though:  maybe butter cake (aka:  cajun brownies, or ooey gooey cake).  There is also a candymaker in new orleans who makes the BEST pralines in the whole world (believe me, I've done the research); so I might get some sort of sampler gift pack from them

Jason
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length