Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register

+  The Horror Drive-In
|-+  Horror Drive-In
| |-+  Drive In Theater By Night (Moderators: among736, RonClinton)
| | |-+  The Comic Book Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: The Comic Book Thread  (Read 2979 times)
among736
Dead By Dawn

View Profile Email
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2017, 01:16:37 PM »

Bumbled into some Big Trouble in Little China comics the other day.  Looks like it was created with Carpenter's involvement.  Also found a Jack Burton and Snake Plissken mash-up.  Anyone read any of these?  Worth a go?  I'd be down with some new Big Trouble stories.....not sure what I think about the Burton-Plissken idea though.

Andy
BrianKeene1
Triple Feature

View Profile Email
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2017, 02:18:52 PM »

https://www.newsarama.com/35255-dc-rebirth-gets-haunted-in-house-of-horrors.html
dannyboy121070
Dead By Dawn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2017, 04:39:47 PM »

I'm gonna have to track down a copy in October.....sounds great, Brian! Kaluta art.....awesome!

BrianKeene1
Triple Feature

View Profile Email
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2017, 05:10:58 PM »

Bumbled into some Big Trouble in Little China comics the other day.  Looks like it was created with Carpenter's involvement.  Also found a Jack Burton and Snake Plissken mash-up.  Anyone read any of these?  Worth a go?  I'd be down with some new Big Trouble stories.....not sure what I think about the Burton-Plissken idea though.

Andy

Haven't read them, but I know they have Carpenter's blessing.
BrianKeene1
Triple Feature

View Profile Email
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2017, 05:12:24 PM »

I'm gonna have to track down a copy in October.....sounds great, Brian! Kaluta art.....awesome!

Thanks, buddy.
dannyboy121070
Dead By Dawn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2017, 05:21:44 PM »

I haven't read the BIG TROUBLE comics yet, but I picked up the first few trades, which were written by Eric Powell, who does THE GOON. Anything Powell does is worth reading.

among736
Dead By Dawn

View Profile Email
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2017, 02:24:43 PM »

Alllllllll over this one.  I'll submit my preorder as soon as it hits Comixology.

Andy
among736
Dead By Dawn

View Profile Email
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2017, 09:22:35 AM »

I haven't read the BIG TROUBLE comics yet, but I picked up the first few trades, which were written by Eric Powell, who does THE GOON. Anything Powell does is worth reading.

Smokes.  I tried volume one and made it about fifteen pages before shutting it down.  In it, the monster hanging off the truck at the end of the movie ends up getting into the semi and, instead of mauling Burton to death, licks him and essentially becomes his pet/friend.  Later Burton dresses him up Ninja-Turtle style so they can walk around in public together.  Embarrassing.  Perhaps it gets better, but I won't be finding out.

Andy
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length