Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register

+  The Horror Drive-In
|-+  Horror Drive-In
| |-+  Drive In Theater By Night (Moderators: among736, RonClinton)
| | |-+  Movies I Watched Over The Last Two Weeks That I Highly Recommend:
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Movies I Watched Over The Last Two Weeks That I Highly Recommend:  (Read 710 times)
BrianKeene1
Triple Feature

View Profile Email
« on: March 19, 2017, 06:55:51 AM »

1. Logan (currently in theaters)
2. Kong: Skull Island (currently in theaters)
3. Get Out (currently in theaters)
4. Land Mine Goes Click (currently on Amazon Prime)
5. Train to Busan (currently on Amazon Prime and Netflix)
6. Savageland (currently on Amazon Prime)
7. The Gateway - also released as Curtain (currently on Amazon Prime)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 10:40:16 AM by BrianKeene1 » Logged
dannyboy121070
Dead By Dawn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 07:55:19 AM »

Going to see GET OUT after work on Tuesday.

Loved KONG. It was great seeing a good old-fashioned giant monster movie with my son. It killed in IMAX 3-D.

I thought Logan was....another meh Fox X-MEN movie. Jackman and Stewart were great, but it was way too long (The whole farm subplot could have been
excised, and it wouldn't have mattered a bit.), and had the usual undercooked bad-guys. I have a full review on my blog, if anyone is interested in my ravings.

Sigrud
Triple Feature

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 08:04:37 AM »

Maybe the Xmen movies just aren't for you. Why do you keep watching them if you don't like them? It seems like it would be better to just not watch them instead of watching them and than complaining they aren't very good over and over
dannyboy121070
Dead By Dawn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 08:15:33 AM »

Maybe the Xmen movies just aren't for you. Why do you keep watching them if you don't like them? It seems like it would be better to just not watch them instead of watching them and than complaining they aren't very good over and over

I wasn't aware that you and I had ever had any conversations where I complained about the X-Men films "over and over", but I'm sorry that I stepped on your feelings by not thinking a mediocre film was the greatest thing ever. Next time I'll check in with you before I go spend fifty bucks on a movie, and you can tell me if it's for me or not. I, foolishly, assumed that the act of
Leaving my home.
Driving 45 minutes each way in a blizzard.
Spending fifty bucks.
Sitting quietly and watching, with my full attention, for two-and-a-half hours.
Thoughtfully discussing the film in the lobby with a large group of comic-book fans for a half-hour.
would have entitled me to express my opinion, but I see I was wrong. Thanks for setting me straight on that.

Adam James
Dead By Dawn

Thinks penguins are great pilots

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 08:47:27 AM »

I don't care much for the X-Men movies, especially the Wolverine movies, but I thought Logan was great.
dannyboy121070
Dead By Dawn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 08:56:40 AM »

I don't care much for the X-Men movies, especially the Wolverine movies, but I thought Logan was great.

I absolutely thought it was better than the first Wolverine movie, and about par with the second, which I enjoyed until the giant Silver Samurai ruined the end. If LOGAN had a really solid villain, it could have been much better. (Solely MY opinion.)

Good thing you didn't take Sigrud's sage advice and skip it because you didn't love everything that had come before.

Sigrud
Triple Feature

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 09:45:58 AM »

I wasn't aware that you and I had ever had any conversations where I complained about the X-Men films "over and over", but I'm sorry that I stepped on your feelings by not thinking a mediocre film was the greatest thing ever. Next time I'll check in with you before I go spend fifty bucks on a movie, and you can tell me if it's for me or not. I, foolishly, assumed that the act of
Leaving my home.
Driving 45 minutes each way in a blizzard.
Spending fifty bucks.
Sitting quietly and watching, with my full attention, for two-and-a-half hours.
Thoughtfully discussing the film in the lobby with a large group of comic-book fans for a half-hour.
would have entitled me to express my opinion, but I see I was wrong. Thanks for setting me straight on that.

You seem upset. I'm sorry if that's the case. Maybe you should've waited for nicer weather before going to see it. It may have improved your disposition. Don't worry though the Dark Tower movie is coming out this summer and I'm sure you will be able to see it minus the blizzard and complain to your hearts content 😆
dannyboy121070
Dead By Dawn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 10:03:27 AM »

My disposition was fine, until I saw you were up to your usual passive-aggressive way of picking at anyone whose taste aren't completely in line with yours. So now I can complain about what an annoying little twat you are.

Sigrud
Triple Feature

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 10:10:26 AM »

My disposition was fine, until I saw you were up to your usual passive-aggressive way of picking at anyone whose taste aren't completely in line with yours. So now I can complain about what an annoying little twat you are.

Aww Danny it's not nice to call names. I'm sorry if you don't like criticism. Seems like you're a bit sensitive. I'd work on that
dannyboy121070
Dead By Dawn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 10:22:59 AM »

Yeah, you got me. Your razor-sharp critique of my taste in movies, as well as the climate that I live in....wow. Consider me humbled. I'm off to the corner to flagellate myself, then I'll have a marathon of X-MEN movies, so that I may fully appreciate their cinematic brilliance. You have truly shamed me.

Hopefully, it will be a bright and sunny day when THE DARK TOWER goes straight to video, skipping theaters entirely, and I can bask in it's brilliance.

Sigrud
Triple Feature

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 10:31:41 AM »

Yeah, you got me. Your razor-sharp critique of my taste in movies, as well as the climate that I live in....wow. Consider me humbled. I'm off to the corner to flagellate myself, then I'll have a marathon of X-MEN movies, so that I may fully appreciate their cinematic brilliance. You have truly shamed me.

Hopefully, it will be a bright and sunny day when THE DARK TOWER goes straight to video, skipping theaters entirely, and I can bask in it's brilliance.

Sounds like a plan!  Grin
dannyboy121070
Dead By Dawn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 10:35:48 AM »

Do you have any other cinematic gems to recommend? Hopefully ones on a par with the misunderstood brilliance of LOGAN...?

Sigrud
Triple Feature

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2017, 10:38:13 AM »

Do you have any other cinematic gems to recommend? Hopefully ones on a par with the misunderstood brilliance of LOGAN...?

How to lose Friends and Alienate People sounds right up your alley
BrianKeene1
Triple Feature

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2017, 10:39:56 AM »

(The whole farm subplot could have been excised, and it wouldn't have mattered a bit.), and had the usual undercooked bad-guys.

Totally agree on the undercooked bad guys, but I loved the farm sequence. Yeah, it could have been shortened, but I think they needed to have some version of it there, just to illustrate the family narrative, and what Charles and Logan have lost, and what could be with Laura.
BrianKeene1
Triple Feature

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2017, 10:41:48 AM »

If LOGAN had a really solid villain, it could have been much better. (Solely MY opinion.)

It's too bad Marvel Studios has the rights to The Hand (seen in the Netflix versions of Daredevil and Iron Fist). I'd love to see them pop up in a Wolverine movie.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length