Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register

+  The Horror Drive-In
|-+  Horror Drive-In
| |-+  Drive In Theater By Night (Moderators: among736, RonClinton)
| | |-+  Horror-lovin' daughter's LAST annual run for Juv. Diabetes...will you help?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Horror-lovin' daughter's LAST annual run for Juv. Diabetes...will you help?  (Read 86 times)
RonClinton
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2017, 12:18:46 PM »

'Psycho Superbowl and all-around lover of things scary' daughter is doing her annual Beat the Bridge run here in Seattle to help the fight against juvenile diabetes.  It will in all likelihood be her final time participating in this very worthy charity run, as she explains below.  A number of you have contributed in the past -- should you or anyone else at this fine forum have interest in doing so this year, my daughter's page for tax-deductible contributions can be found here:

http://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR?px=1942016&pg=personal&fr_id=6468&et=L6llIMvFjkF1XrmbWRymGg

This year's Sat., May 21st, run marks her thirteen-year anniversary running the JDRF Beat the Bridge charity event, making it more than a decade that she's been supporting the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation through sweat, dedication, and a passion to help others.

Here is her reflection on these last thirteen years:

Hi Everybody!

Itís time for Beat the Bridge again, and I am so excited! This may also be my last year participating in Beat the Bridge, as I am heading off to college this fall, so I really want to make this year the best one yet.

This fundraiser has been a part of my life for a very long time. It is the 13th year that I have participated in this fundraiser and 8K run, and I couldnít be more thankful and happy to see how much support Iíve received over these years. I am increasing my fundraising goal to $1,750.00 this year which is a long way from my first year.  I've had so many supporters over the last 12 years and hope you will all support me again this year.

Ever since I was young, I have loved running and loved it even more when I found that I could fundraise for causes like this while running at the same time! I started this run when I was 5 years old and raised my first $25 for Beat the Bridge.  Mom and I have been racing together every year since and are able to help JDRF research more and more over the years thanks to your generous donations. This next month is one of the happiest months for me every year because it is so amazing to see so much generosity by all of you for a cause that I care about.

My reasons behind choosing to fundraise over the last thirteen years have expanded and fueled my passion for finding a cure for diabetes. When I was very young, I thought it was sad that some kids couldnít eat cake at birthday parties and I wanted to get rid of the horrible disease behind it known as diabetes. When I was in elementary school, I started researching and learning more about it because I knew and saw kids in my school that suffered with it and I wanted to help them and other my kids my age with this illness become cured. When I was in high school, I became the closest to this disease than I ever had before, or thought that I ever would, when one of my family members became diagnosed with diabetes. This disease can make the daily life of someone suffering with it very difficult and it was an eye-opening experience when I saw this among my own family member. This can be a very difficult disease to live with, but they are making so much progress towards a cure. Every year the research teams continue to find new tools and solutions for Type 1 and Type 2 diabetics.

I hope you will consider providing your support once again.  This may be my last chance to "Beat the Bridge" so I really want to make it the most successful year ever!

Thank you for supporting me,
-Sara

Any and all contributions are helpful and very much appreciated, and are going to a great cause and support a great horror-lovin' young woman.
among736
Dead By Dawn

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 07:36:11 AM »

Wouldn't miss it, Ron.  I'll donate something next week when I get paid.  It's been an honor to help out in the last handful of years that I've known about it; she's done an excellent thing by giving her time and energy to such a worthwhile cause.  Here's hoping she blows by her goal yet again this year.

Andy
RonClinton
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 09:04:54 AM »

Wouldn't miss it, Ron.  I'll donate something next week when I get paid.  It's been an honor to help out in the last handful of years that I've known about it; she's done an excellent thing by giving her time and energy to such a worthwhile cause.  Here's hoping she blows by her goal yet again this year.

Andy

Thanks, Andy...your support over the years has been much appreciated by Sara and me.  It's really heartening to see one's child empathize and contribute with a decade-plus long diligence to a cause that helps others.
MarkSieber
Administrator
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 04:26:29 PM »

Done! As always, I wish it could be more.
RonClinton
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 08:25:58 PM »

Done! As always, I wish it could be more.

Every dollar is appreciated, Mark...thanks for your kind support over the years, it's meant a lot.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length