Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register

+  The Horror Drive-In
|-+  Horror Drive-In
| |-+  Drive In Theater By Night (Moderators: among736, RonClinton)
| | |-+  My 10th (and final) AIDS benefit
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My 10th (and final) AIDS benefit  (Read 78 times)
JReitan47
Four Movie Freak

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2017, 12:01:36 PM »

Hey there folks! Many here know that for the last 10 years, I've produced a large HIV/AIDS benefit event in Oregon to raise funds for local HIV/AIDS organizations. Many of you have donated over the years and have donated books to our online auctions. Also, many of you have been there since day one of my own diagnosis of testing HIV positive 10 years ago and in my battle as I was diagnosed in the advance stages of AIDS about seven years ago. For all of that, I can't thank you enough.

You've been a part in helping us raise over $120,000 in the last 10 years for many HIV/AIDS organizations across the Northwest, you've helped give me purpose in my own community in giving back to the organizations that have helped myself and my friends and you've helped save lives.

This year is my last year for a variety of reasons, but most importantly because I just can't do it anymore. As the event has grown from a packed bar to a wall to wall standing room only ballroom and now a theater, it becomes more work each year and my body just can't handle it all anymore. The stress of producing such a large function has taken a tole on my body. This year alone I've battled infections, pneumonia and my virus level has spiked for the first time in many years. I want to be around for many more years....so health comes first and retirement sounds amazing! My goal was to change a few lives along the way, and here's hoping we've been able to reach a new generation to carry on the torch.

So how can you again be involved this year, one last time? You can always donate, any amount of money online. From $5 to $50...you'll be helping someone in Oregon & Washington get to their Doctor visits, you'll help an HIV affected child attend Summer Camp, you'll help a recently diagnosed young person find the help they need and you'll help thousands of people living with HIV/AIDS get the care and services they need to survive.

To donate online: www.tinyurl.com/redribbon2017

To donate a collectible book for our online auctions:

Don Koish of Shocklines Auctions has again agreed to offer up his services to host online eBay auctions with 100% of the proceeds going to our 4 chosen charities this year. If you have something you'd like to donate....a signed paperback, first edition from your collection, that extra Cemetery Dance limited you've been hanging onto, one of your own books or limiteds, please write to me at JonathanReitan@gmail.com and I'll send you Don's mailing address to send the books.

Thank you all so much for your support over the years and for being a part of the end of this disease!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 12:05:33 PM by JReitan47 » Logged

Jonathan Reitan
RonClinton
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 01:42:39 PM »

Jonathan, I'll be glad to support your great cause by sending some limited editions to Don for auction.  I have his email, so will contact him directly.  Is there a deadline by which he needs to receive them?

I'm sorry you have to back away due to health concerns of your own, but it must give you great comfort and pride knowing the good you've done for others over the years.
JReitan47
Four Movie Freak

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 02:10:07 PM »

Ron - Thank you so very much for your support and willingness to donate some limiteds! I always love seeing what's donated and bidding myself!

He will be running series of auctions from whenever he starts receiving them until just before the main event in mid-September. So, basically, you have plenty of time between now and 9-1-17 to send in items. The main event is being held 9-30-17. Just make sure when sending to him that you include, "Attn: Red Ribbon Show auctions" or something to that degree and send to his PO Box. If you don't have that, let me know.

Again, thank you for your support Ron and the kind words! It's not easy to step away, but I'm also very much looking forward to the chance of being more involved in the horror community and getting a part of my life back once the event is finally over, not to mention the relief of stress and some resulting health issues off my back.

Jonathan Reitan
JReitan47
Four Movie Freak

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 02:59:38 PM »

Thank you to those who have written to me and those who have already given....

....we're at almost $6,000 raised!

Jonathan Reitan
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length