Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register

+  The Horror Drive-In
|-+  Horror Drive-In
| |-+  Broken Speaker (Moderator: RonClinton)
| | |-+  2017 concerts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 2017 concerts  (Read 1116 times)
daverob
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2017, 05:19:18 PM »

This is looking to be a great concert season. We are planning to see Jesus and Mary Chain, Poptone (former members of Bauhaus, Tones on Tail, and Love and Rockets singing songs from those groups), that dude from Life Aquatic who sang the Bowie songs, Diana Krall, Depeche Mode, Adam Ant, and maybe OMD.  There are a lot of other bands coming through the area, this year. The Specials are playing with Fishbone, so I may add that to the list.
MarkSieber
Administrator
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 06:02:13 AM »

Cool. I'd love to see OMD.

We saw Ben Folds a couple of weeks ago, and this coming Tuesday Todd Rundgren is playing nearby. Todd's new album is pretty terrific. It's a collaborative album, with Donald Fagen, Trent Reznor, Daryl Hall, Joe Satriani, Joe Walsh and others.

Later this year we'll see Todd again, but this time with Ringo and his All-Starr Band.
wolfnoma
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 03:39:33 AM »

Cool. I'd love to see OMD.

We saw Ben Folds a couple of weeks ago, and this coming Tuesday Todd Rundgren is playing nearby. Todd's new album is pretty terrific. It's a collaborative album, with Donald Fagen, Trent Reznor, Daryl Hall, Joe Satriani, Joe Walsh and others.

Later this year we'll see Todd again, but this time with Ringo and his All-Starr Band.

I've always wanted to see Ringo and his All Star Band. I keep missing it.
Argendeli
Dead By Dawn

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 01:42:33 PM »

Ringo and his all star band will be playing in our area in the fall with Paul McCartney playing here in July.

Unfortunately due to my green card having to be renewed, it will be a while before we hit a concert venue.  Just lucky it is only once every decade.

Jim

daverob
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 03:38:59 PM »

Midnight Oil is playing in Oakland, CA next weekend. Show sold out pretty quickly from the theater, but now tickets are on StubHub for less that $20. I just got a floor ticket for $11, fees included.
daverob
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 06:19:34 PM »

The Jesus and Mary Chain put on a good show last weekend. Very loud, which kind of left me a bit wiped out the next day, but the band sounded great.
JasonUK
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 12:09:34 AM »

We're going to see Guns 'n Roses in London tomorrow. We never got to see them in their heyday, but we have seen Axl with his replacement band on the Chinese Democracy tour, as well as when he recently toured with AC/DC, and we also saw Slash with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators.

For a while we thought that was going to be as good as it got, Axl singing the classics with a different band and Slash playing them with a different singer, but now we're going to see the real deal and we could not be more excited.  Smiley
daverob
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 07:31:43 PM »

Sounds great, Jason. Hope it's a good show!
pinheadspawn
Triple Feature

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 09:10:17 AM »

Good year here too.  Saw Iron Maiden/Ghost last weekend, and going to see Megadeth/Meshuggah next week.  I also got to see my favorite band, Scar Symmetry, last year.

Jason
JasonUK
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 09:18:39 AM »

Just arrived at Hyde Park in London to watch Tom Petty supported by Stevie Nicks and The Lumineers. Beautiful day.
daverob
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 10:38:08 PM »

That's quite a show, Jason.  How was it?
Kyle L.
Cthulhus Lover
Dead By Dawn

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 11:29:57 PM »

On Monday I saw a decent industrial show.  Ghostfeeder, Julien-K, and PIG.  Good friend is the drummer for Julien-K and PIG. 

https://kylelybeck.wordpress.com
Nightmare Reality and Perverse Humanity both out now on Amazon!  http://amzn.to/2pW0TML
pinheadspawn
Triple Feature

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2017, 10:22:25 AM »

That's quite a show, Jason.  How was it?

Of the three shows, Scar Symmetry was my favorite...but it's my favorite band, so they had the advantage.  Megadeth/Meshuggah was great.  I've seen both bands multiple times though.  I was a little disappointed in Meshuggah's set list.  I felt that they left off a lot of the older hits in favor of newer, but more obscure songs.  Either way, it's fun to watch the technical prowess of that band

I'd also seen Maiden countless times; they never disappoint.  I'm not a Ghost fan, but their show was different and fun.

Jason
MarkSieber
Administrator
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2017, 02:41:01 PM »

I'm going to see my favorite Nerdcore Rapper, MC Lars again in November. Is that Metal enough for you?
pinheadspawn
Triple Feature

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2017, 09:39:56 PM »

Metal enough for me to poop on!!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length