Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register

+  The Horror Drive-In
|-+  Horror Drive-In
| |-+  Drive In Theater By Night (Moderators: among736, RonClinton)
| | |-+  Pendragon Press shuts down...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Pendragon Press shuts down...  (Read 146 times)
RonClinton
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2017, 06:53:41 AM »

If you receive their newsletter -- as I do, though I'm not sure why, as I don't think I've ever bought a Pendragon release -- then this news comes as little surprise, but it's always disappointing to see a small press cease business. 

It is with a humble heart to announce that Pendragon Press is no more... well, the website will exist to sell existing stock, and the Facebook page will remain, but as an ongoing publisher of fantastic fiction then it is closed for business.

Creeping Stick is officially the last 'new' title. The last eighteen years has - in the main - been a wonderful time in my life, where I have met many many good folk, and attended many Conventions - and will continue to do so, probably not in an actual business capacity (the thought of which terrifies me, meeting people without having a six-foot table separating us!)

But, I am very much a different person now to who I was back then: putting a book together was exciting, and I was more than happy to sit in front of the computer doing so, and dealing with queries and concerns and book orders. The last two years, I've become far more outdoors-y with a new-found love of cycling not too mention pottering about in the garden.

Whilst the forthcoming Creeping Stick ebook will mark the actual end of 'new' titles, the rights for all other ebook titles have now reverted back to the authors. They're no longer for sale, and I'm currently counting up the royalties that are owed. As for any outstanding royalties on the in stock paper-titles, there are none but I'm happy if any author wishes to receive any unsold copies for their own use.

Another reason for this closure is my recent moment of redundancy: the life of Pendragon coincided with an unbroken time of full employment and as such I became rather flippant in how it was funded, thinking nothing of using personal funds for this or that. Whilst Pendragon was mostly self-financing, it still required my wallet at times and as such my redundancy gave me a rude awakening into just how unprepared I was if the worst happened...

With this, and my change of lifestyle, it just doesn't excite me as it used to. Who knows, in a couple of years I could return, but as it stands probably not.

The small press scene in the UK it must be said has some truly superb purveyors of fine books from new authors, especially if like me you love the novella, but I've had a good innings and time to pass on the publishing baton too you young 'uns.

I thank you all for your support and please, if you do see me, mine's a pint. Smiley

TTFN,

Chris

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 09:36:29 AM »

I don't think I've ever even heard of them.....but I hate to see any press go under.

njhorror
Love Bomb
Dead By Dawn

Dark Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 11:08:25 AM »

I've got a number of their titles. Sad to see them go.

Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length