Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register

+  The Horror Drive-In
|-+  Horror Drive-In
| |-+  Drive In Theater By Night (Moderators: among736, RonClinton)
| | |-+  Cemetery Dance Pre-Orders: A One-Stop Production Status List of All of Them
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 204 Print
Author Topic: Cemetery Dance Pre-Orders: A One-Stop Production Status List of All of Them  (Read 195614 times)
Antmusic
Dead By Dawn

Horror Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
« on: July 23, 2009, 01:59:42 PM »

I call this a One Stop List to see where all your favorite Cemetery Dance preorder projects are at in production  Grin:

KEEP IN MIND: Everything is Subject to Change!  Life happens and other crub happens.  Anything can fudge up a book's timeframe....

OH... and by the way, CD has their own one-stop list now: "Official Cemetery Dance Production List."  

The Unannounced: (insert ominous music here).  

Remember, these might not be coming out for years, they might be rumors only (but I will try VERY hard not to list rumored items here), publication rights may change hands, and everything is subject to change (titles, co-authorships, etc).  I cut this down recently because books can change publishers, and some of the ones listed on here in the past may have traded hands.

* Ray Garton  The Loveliest Dead
- Unannounced, but it is mentioned on the CD site because an excerpt was included in the 2005 "Cemetery Dance Preview Vol. 2" chapbook.  The book has since been released as a MMPB. So, the manuscript is finished. This book was part of the 2009 pre-order No Risk Grab Bag.  Wink

Other stuff
Ronald Kelly is doing 12 ultra limited edition hardcover stories that won't be available to the public.

This list will (hopefully) be updated often.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 10:35:41 AM by Antmusic » Logged
Antmusic
Dead By Dawn

Horror Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 02:03:28 PM »

Call it obsession…Call it a Labour of Love… call it what you want… but I am sharing it with you.  I love Cemetery Dance Publications, and I am very excited about what they have on the table and what they haven't "announced" yet (but I’ve heard rumors of).   In the above list, I am going to keep track of what is going on over there.

In the last few months, CD has released Moonbane, Halloweenland, Elsewhere (trade), The Big Book of NECON (trade), Mind the Gap, Night Cage, Stephen King: The Non-Fiction, Got to Kill Them All, Shivers V, Barfodder, Midnight Grindings, British Invasion, 2 magazines, 1 comic book, and 4 chapbooks: "Cemetery Dance Preview (Volume 3)," "4 Stories"!

They are quickly and amazingly blasting forward with their promises of change!  Of course, these promises do not apply to the books they already announced prior to this year that are still in various stages of production (or still being written in some cases).  Plus, according to their 07/23/09 newsletter there are at least 4 "unannounced forthcoming titles due out later this year."

There are a lot of stages to get a book out there.  Here are some examples: Writing the book, editing the manuscript, fixing the book, pre-reading and proof reading some more, designing the book, proofreading the designed pages, more tweaking, artwork, dust jacket design, author approval of the final design, printing, signing the signature sheets (which can take awhile with Anthologies),  binding, tray casing the book, packing the books, mailing them out, loving them, and reading them. Okay I added those last two.  These production stages are one of the reasons for this list.  We have all seen complaints about CD in the past.  I want this list to prove their commitment to change… a sort of checks and balances in a way.

I will add "announcement dates" to books that I know their day of announcement to.  If you know some of the announcement dates of books on this list, please IM me or post a response.  I plan on keeping the above post current! Again, please nudge me with a PM or on a post on here if you see a mistake or notice an update that I haven't noticed. I want this list to be accurate and to accurately reflect how CD is presenting their production process.

Also, feel free to tell us which ones you've pre-ordered (and keep track for yourselves).  I'll post my list here in a bit...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 12:46:08 PM by Antmusic » Logged
MarkSieber
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 02:11:21 PM »

I've got quite a few preordered and I want them all to come in soon. But I mostly want to see Legacies get published. And not even for me. Customers ordered it a decade ago. Some guy I never heard of emailed me out of the blue a few weeks ago hoping that *I* had some inside information about it. I wished I could give him some positive news.
Antmusic
Dead By Dawn

Horror Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 02:15:08 PM »

Well, it looks like Legacies will be out pretty soon... considering that it is printed, and now being bound, the next step is the traycases... I am 99.9% sure it will be in 2011.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 09:21:21 PM by Antmusic » Logged
Antmusic
Dead By Dawn

Horror Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 02:30:33 PM »

My pre-orders:

1 ) Cemetery Dance  The Crane House:  A Halloween Story
2 ) Clark, Simon  King Blood    
3 ) Lansdale, Joe R.  The Horror Hall of Fame: The Stoker Winners
4 ) Laymon, Kelly  In Laymon's Terms
5 ) Chizmar, Richard  Shocklines: Fresh Voices In Terror
6 ) Chizmar, Richard  Smoke and Mirrors
7 ) Garton, Ray  The Loveliest Dead (Grab Bag)
8 ) Straub, Peter and the rest Four Ghosts
9 ) - 1?) Cemetery Dance Book Club 3.0 choices (could include doubles of the above)

I am very sure that this is not as many as some people, but that is still a lot (for me).  As I’ve said before, I am glad that I pre-paid.

I was surprised while making the main list that there are only around 30 books that have been announced but aren't finished yet.  I thought there were a lot more while going into this little project.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 08:45:21 PM by Antmusic » Logged
MarkSieber
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 02:38:08 PM »

Mine:

Occasional Demons 
The Cage
Hell Hollow
The Forum
Cemetery Dance: A Fifteen Year Celebration (trade)
Smoke and Mirrors
In Laymon's Terms (trade)
The Century's Best Horror Fiction (trade)
Halloween: New Poems   

Thank God for those coupons, huh?
Antmusic
Dead By Dawn

Horror Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 04:09:52 PM »

I think I've only made about 5 or 6 total purchases of CD books without coupons (some to make sure I was entered into contests... that I didn't win, the Exclusive Collectors Set, and the Ronald Kelly purchase which will actually give me a $25 coupon when Hell Hollow comes out).
Norman Prentiss
Dead By Dawn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 04:58:27 PM »

Hey Robert!

I'm not *positive*, but I'm pretty sure my novella isn't an anthology!!   Roll Eyes

--Norman
Antmusic
Dead By Dawn

Horror Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 05:37:54 PM »

That was a last minute add because I remembered it right before I posted... fixed now!  It is the only "unannounced" (but well known) title on the list. I didn't add any other "unannounced" books because I didn't want to walk on anyone else's toes.   I've seen Uncorrected Proofs of books on eBay of titles that aren't "announced" yet, and some authors are pretty open on their blogs and sites.  Most of the authors are ambiguous though... like, "I have a novella coming out eventually from Cemetery Dance."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 08:21:11 PM by Antmusic » Logged
brother odd
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 06:04:08 PM »

Hey, Ant I'm with you CD is my frist love (of beautiful limited editions). Start in 1996 frist with mag then with the Books. Been a long time follower. Like you I keep up on  preorder and UNANNOUNCED titles. So i'll being keeping a eye on this. Thanks for the hardwork going into this. I thick Rich and the CD gang need A BIG PAT ON BACK ,what a year so far. Smiley
Norman Prentiss
Dead By Dawn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 07:15:38 PM »

That was a last minute add because I remembered it right before I posted... fixed now!  It is the only "unannounced" (but well know) title on the list. I didn't add any other "unannounced" books because I didn't want to walk on anyone else's toes.   I've seen Uncorrected Proofs of books on eBay of titles that aren't "announced" yet, and some authors are pretty open on their blogs and sites.  Most of the authors are ambiguous though... like, "I have a novella coming out eventually from Cemetery Dance."

I was just bustin' on ya, Robert--but thanks for fixing it.  Happy to be on the list in any category!

--Norman
Antmusic
Dead By Dawn

Horror Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 08:37:02 PM »

I find myself analyzing all of their announcements, news releases, and offers.  Scrutinizing every word. Ha ha.

Out of all of the releases so far this year, I only have 3 (Midnight Grinding, Shivers V, and Necon), but I have four of the others on my Want list (British Invasion, Halloweenland, Moonbane, and  Night Cage).  I hope to have a lot more of my pre-orders by the end of the year!

Of course, I wouldn't mind reading every book CD releases. ha ha. Wink
JasonUK
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 12:25:59 AM »

* Winter, Douglas E.  Clive Barker: The Dark Fantastic   (SOLD OUT)
- "This title is currently in preproduction."

The trade edition of this book was published about 10 years ago, so we know the text is complete. What else could be holding it up in the pre-production stage?
JDAR
Dead By Dawn

Jan a/k/a "dancing with 2leftfeet"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 02:19:59 AM »

As of yesterday 8/14/09, I've got 17 18 pre-orders.   Roll Eyes

IN LAYMON'S TERMS - Trade (4/06) [7/11]
THE INNSWICH HORROR (12/07 - due before 12/31/08) [7/10]
"unannounced" (THE PAINTED DARKNESS) - slipcased "worth at least $75" (12/07 - due before 12/31/08) [12/10]
IN LAYMON'S TERMS - Signed (12/07) [8/11]
THE CAGE (1/08) [8/10]
SCRATCH (1/08) [8/10]
THE FORUM (5/08) [8/10]
PEREGRINE'S TALE (5/08) [8/10]
THE CAGE (10/08)  [8/10]
HELL HOLLOW (2/09) [8/10]
THE CRANE HOUSE (6/09 - due before 5/31/10)
DEATH HUNT ON ERVOON (6/09 - due before 5/31/10) [10/10]
THE GIRL ON THE GLIDER (6/09 - due before 5/31/10) [10/10]
LAST EXIT FOR THE LOST (7/09 - due before 12/31/09) [6/10]
THE LOVELIEST DEAD (7/09 - due before 12/31/09) [Replaced with KIN 10/11]
BONE SOUP  (7/09 - due before 12/31/09)  [9/10]
CATCHING HELL  (7/09 - due before 12/31/09) [5/10]
CD: 15 YEAR CELEBRATION - signed (8/09) [Refund rec'd 3/10]
SHIVERS VI (9/10) [1/11]
2 Chaps & Comic - instock (12/10) [1/11]
THE WOMAN (2/11)  [Refund rec'd 5/11]
LUCIFER'S LOTTERY (4/11)  [Refund rec'd 5/11]
CD Early Reader's Club 4.0 - 5 ARCs (7/11) [11/11]

". . . and then there was one"   Lips Sealed

Jan   Undecided
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:21:59 AM by JDAR » Logged

Not enough books - just too little time.
Ronald Kelly
Four Movie Freak

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 03:23:29 AM »

I was told this week that HELL HOLLOW will have an October release. Also I'll have a story and interview in the Halloween issue. So October should be a cool month for me, publishing-wise.  Grin

I really think the gang at CD are pulling out all the stops to get their backlog thinned out and return to a stable publishing schedule. Incidently, Rich has the proposal for my next novel right now. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 204 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length