Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register

+  The Horror Drive-In
|-+  Horror Drive-In
| |-+  Drive In Theater By Night (Moderators: among736, RonClinton)
| | |-+  Cemetery Dance Pre-Orders: A One-Stop Production Status List of All of Them
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 203 Print
Author Topic: Cemetery Dance Pre-Orders: A One-Stop Production Status List of All of Them  (Read 189458 times)
Antmusic
Dead By Dawn

Horror Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 09:42:39 AM »

I've got my fingers crossed for you Ron!  Grin 

Maybe, this October will have all of our mailboxes constantly filled with Cemetery Dance goodness.  It will go down in history as the month that CD over powered all small press, and revitalized the Postal Service!   Wink

The trade edition of this book (Clive Barker: The Dark Fantastic) was published about 10 years ago... What else could be holding it up in the pre-production stage?

Hmm... I have no idea, but I can guess: Maybe the art, design, or layout? Maybe the book will be extended? Even their reprints have to be proofread, ha ha. Do you know when they announced this one?  Maybe CD just hasn't updated their status (hopefully). 

There are others on that list that have been released in a Trade or Mass Market format already:  Dark Delicacies, King Blood, Screamplays, Sims, Stephen King's The Dark Tower: The Complete Concordance... and maybe some or all of the four recent "unanounced" books, but the price was totally right for that!
brother odd
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 04:25:03 PM »

I was told this week that HELL HOLLOW will have an October release. Also I'll have a story and interview in the Halloween issue. So October should be a cool month for me, publishing-wise.  Grin

I really think the gang at CD are pulling out all the stops to get their backlog thinned out and return to a stable publishing schedule. Incidently, Rich has the proposal for my next novel right now. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Grin
brother odd
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 06:25:49 PM »

What I'm really waiting for is CD to announce the next three books in the Novella Series. I know what they are and I can't wait. Wink
JDAR
Dead By Dawn

Jan a/k/a "dancing with 2leftfeet"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2009, 07:13:54 PM »

What I'm really waiting for is CD to announce the next three books in the Novella Series. I know what they are and I can't wait. Wink

Cool, cause I suspect that two or more are part of the four unannounced books in the grab bag.   Grin

Undecided

Not enough books - just too little time.
Antmusic
Dead By Dawn

Horror Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 08:23:38 PM »

Very cool... I know about 3 unmentioned upcoming unannounced books (from ebay and from a blog)... but 2 of those are not novellas.

I'd love to, but I don't have any of the books in CD's Novella series, yet. I have The Cage ordered, and that will hopefully be out very soon.
brother odd
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2009, 08:36:36 PM »

there about 12 unannounced that I know of.
Antmusic
Dead By Dawn

Horror Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2009, 09:02:39 PM »

Well... there are probably a lot more then 12 that have contracts and are in negotiations, ha ha.  From what I understand, Mr. Chizmar has a tought time turning down a good story... THANK GOODNESS!  Grin
Norman Prentiss
Dead By Dawn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2009, 05:19:32 AM »

Me too!!!   Roll Eyes

--Norman
brother odd
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2009, 07:11:40 AM »

Me too!!!   Roll Eyes
OH I bet you are Wink
JasonUK
Dead By Dawn

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2009, 01:50:01 PM »

The trade edition of this book (Clive Barker: The Dark Fantastic) was published about 10 years ago... What else could be holding it up in the pre-production stage?

Hmm... I have no idea, but I can guess: Maybe the art, design, or layout? Maybe the book will be extended? Even their reprints have to be proofread, ha ha. Do you know when they announced this one?  Maybe CD just hasn't updated their status (hopefully). 

There are others on that list that have been released in a Trade or Mass Market format already:  Dark Delicacies, King Blood, Screamplays, Sims, Stephen King's The Dark Tower: The Complete Concordance... and maybe some or all of the four recent "unanounced" books, but the price was totally right for that!

The trade edition was published by Harper Collins in 2001, the same year that I pre-paid for the CD lettered edition ($400). 8 years later and it's still in pre-production. That artwork better be damned impressive!
Antmusic
Dead By Dawn

Horror Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2009, 02:27:41 PM »

Sheesh, that is a long wait!  I updated the list for it to have an "Announced" date...
If anyone has "Announced" dates (exact or at least the year) please tell me via IM or on here!
brother odd
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 06:05:38 PM »

Yah, It is a long wait . The good news Rich and the gang are trying to catch up on there backlist. Maybe well see it in the neer future .
among736
Dead By Dawn

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2009, 05:13:24 AM »

There are two CD novellas I know about that are both fantastic.  I think people are really going to enjoy them.

Here's my list of pre-orders:

SMOKE AND MIRRORS ed. by Richard Chizmar
SCREAMPLAYS ed. by Richard Chizmar
HELL HOLLOW by Ron Kelly
OCCASIONAL DEMONS by Rick Hautala
HALLOWEEN: NEW POEMS ed. by Al Sarrantonio
SECRETARY OF DREAMS 2 by Stephen King
THE FORUM by James Newman (limited and lettered)
BUTTERFLY by Simon Clark
PEREGRINE'S TALE by Kealan Patrick Burke
GRAVE TALES #6 (hardcover edition)
SCRATCH by Brian Keene (limited and lettered)
THE CAGE by Brian Keene
KILL WHITEY by Brian Keene (lettered)
FOREVER TWILIGHT 2 by Peter Crowther (Sub Press has this now)
THE NUMBER 121 TO PENNSYLVANIA by Kealan Patrick Burke (lettered)
CD: 15-YEAR CELEBRATION ed. by Richard Chizmar (trade and limited)
THE CENTURY'S BEST HORROR FICTION ed. by John Pelan
INTO THE WILD GREEN YONDER by Lebbon and Crowther
HORROR HALL OF FAME: STOKER WINNERS ed. by Joe Lansdale (trade and limited)
MR. DARKNESS by Doug Clegg

I think I'll also have some copies of unannounced books once they arrive.

Damn.  Does CD release good books or what!??

Andy
JDAR
Dead By Dawn

Jan a/k/a "dancing with 2leftfeet"

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 06:41:45 AM »

WOW - over 25 books  - you win   Grin

Damn.  Does CD release good books or what!??

must

resist

comment

Roll Eyes

Undecided

Not enough books - just too little time.
among736
Dead By Dawn

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2009, 07:12:00 AM »

And no, I'm not made of money.....most of those were purchases with CD credit.

I *knew* you'd be the one to hit that hanging curveball out of the park, Jan!   Grin

Andy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 203 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length